Welcome to SPORTY GIRL BOOKS. At SPORTY GIRL, we want to give all girls the chance to love, watch, play, read, and write about any sport that interests them. We look forward to the day when the words, "You play like a girl," is the biggest compliment anyone can receive.

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Hopes for 2015

Stacy: I was so excited to see girls in sports receiving so much attention in 2014. Shredded by Karen Avivi won the SCBWI Spark award and Mo'ne Davis was on the cover of Sports Illustrated and Sports Illustrated for Kids. My hope for 2015 is to see more publishers recognizing the value of this genre and to see more girls in sports celebrated.

Anna: 2014 forced me to take risks and believe in myself in ways for which I never planned. I just came back from a week of learning to surf that really tested my strength of body, spirit, mind, and heart. It was incredibly rewarding. (For more on the surf trip and more pictures you can check out my personal blog annaejordan.com) I hope for all of our readers a 2015 full of supported risks and the learning that comes with taking those risks.

Robin: My hopes for 2015 are for more people to get off the couch and start moving. I've been inspired by the athletic feats of so many this year, and look forward to setting some of my own records this coming year. I'll be training for my first triathlon and shedding the remaining pregnancy weight. (If you remember, I started training and finally got comfortable in the water when I had to put training aside for my pregnancy and my prenatal exercises.) Writing-wise, my hope is to finish revisions of my current manuscript. Revise another, and draft an idea that's been bouncing around in my head for the last month and a half. Happy 2015, everyone! I hope you'll set goals and reach for them!

Kris: I love Robin's hopes directly above me--I need to get myself off the couch and moving! I had a little bit of a scare with a thrown back recently, and it's been a wake-up call that I need to strengthen my core. While I don't see myself training for a formal competition or surfing, like my amazing colleagues, I would like to get back to the gym and lose a few pounds and build up some strength. My biggest dream will be realized this year. My debut novel (Any Way You Slice It--yes, it's a sporty girl book) will be out in April. I can't wait to show you all the cover in the next few weeks and for it to be out in the world. I love being a part of the sporty girl movement--I'm the poster child of a non-athlete who loves Sporty Girl books--I hope to see more of you participating in your own level of moving and getting healthy!

Please share your own hopes and dreams in our comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment