Welcome to SPORTY GIRL BOOKS. At SPORTY GIRL, we want to give all girls the chance to love, watch, play, read, and write about any sport that interests them. We look forward to the day when the words, "You play like a girl," is the biggest compliment anyone can receive.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Athlete Spotlight with Star Lacrosse Player Erin Kenedy

Erin Kenedy, of Cary, NC, started playing lacrosse in sixth grade. She's been playing competitively ever since and currently plays for the competitive club team, Carolina Fever, as  a defender/middie. She was nice enough to do this interview over texting during her Showcase Florida Tournament. Erin is planning to play in college and has the impressive record to get her there.

Thanks for being on the blog, Erin. Could you tell us a bit more about yourself?

I'm 16 year old, I love to hang out with friends and shop. My favorite class subject is math and I enjoy food (haha).

How did you get into lacrosse?

I started playing in 6th grade because my older sisters played and wanted me to get into the sport. Although I didn't get serious in the sport until the beginning of high school.

I know you run cross country and that your mom is a serious runner and qualified for the Boston Marathon. Could you see yourself doing that?

No. I only do cross-country to stay in shape. (haha) I don't see myself running a marathon for multiple reasons including the fact that I don't enjoy running long distances that much.

What are you favorite practices and why?

I like our practices generally when we scrimmage. I feel like it brings out a great competitive side out of everyone and you feel like it's game time. Depending on the team I'm on, I'm generally a leader although when I am on higher teams I sometimes follow.

What is your favorite book? And do you read sporty girl books?

My favorite book is the Hunger Games Series. I haven't seen Catching Fire yet, but I'm dying to.
I don't really read sporty books, as I tend to read action books. The last book I read was The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind.

I haven't read that yet, but have heard great things about it. Good luck this season and thanks again for being a part of Sporty Girl Books!

No comments:

Post a Comment