Welcome to SPORTY GIRL BOOKS. At SPORTY GIRL, we want to give all girls the chance to love, watch, play, read, and write about any sport that interests them. We look forward to the day when the words, "You play like a girl," is the biggest compliment anyone can receive.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Sporty Girl Interview with MG Readers Hailey and Hannah

Today I'm visiting with my nieces Hailey, age 12, and Hannah, age 10. They've agreed to let me interview them about life, sports, reading, and tomboys.

Five words to describe yourself:
Hailey: smart, active, hoop skills, excited, tomboy
Hannah: awesome, musical, funny, smart, pretty

Hailey: I like sports, soccer, football, basketball, baseball, skateboarding, running. I do cross country at school and will be starting 5 on 5 soccer soon.

You skateboard almost every day to school,
I have 3 skateboards, one of them is a training skateboard (beginners board) that I don't ride anymore bc it's too slow and you have to push a lot. One of them is a penny board, it's small and fits easily into my locker. My favorite board to ride is an advanced board that I can do tricks on, like ollies, tick tacking, turtles, and riding on my back wheels.

Do you ride with your friends? My friends don't really like to ride boards.

So when you're hanging out with your friends what do you normally do? I don't know…cops and robbers, four square (a lot), jump on the trampoline, and make up games.

What's your favorite book? Oh geeze, that's gonna be hard. I like Brandon Mull, Rick Riordan, Brandon Sanderson (Alzatraz books). I want to read Mistborn series really bad, but it's never in at the library. I like how they're action packed and I like how they're unrealistic.

Sounds like you're like me and read to escape reality:)

Hannah: Do you consider yourself a tomboy? Sort of. I think girly girly girls are silly and I don't like girl toys. I'd rather play outside and I love playing outside, esp. in mud and dirt and I love acting and singing and cooking.

When you're hanging out with friends what do you like to do? Most of my friends really like to do different things, so it depends who I'm playing with. One of my friends we really like to make forts and play four square. With another friend we play a lot of soccer, sing, and sometimes have a dance party. My favorite electronic thing in playing Just Dance 4 and I play the piano and I'm going to start learning the flute.

What's your favorite thing to make? I'm really good at making cookies and brownies and breakfast stuff like pancakes and french toast.

What sports do you like to play? I ride my bike and ride 5k's with my dad. I like soccer and baseball. Football is probably my favorite.

Tell me about your favorite race? Chelsea Hill was my favorite race. The race was to race awareness for wearing seat belts. (Chelsea Hill died bc she didn't wear her seatbelt) It was in West Valley. Every July 24th (Pioneer Day) my family goes down to Monroe for the Milk Run. That one is really fun. We always get a ton of T-shirts and snacks after the races.

Tell me about your favorite books. Spirit Animals is one of my favorite series. Dead End in Norville is also really fun. I like them because they're action books and they're funny.

How do you decide what you're going to read? Hailey usually reads it and gives it to me. I just really like the books Hailey recommends.

Thanks for being on Sporty Girl Books. It was super fun to interview you two!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for letting us get to know Hailey and Hannah. They are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete