Welcome to SPORTY GIRL BOOKS. At SPORTY GIRL, we want to give all girls the chance to love, watch, play, read, and write about any sport that interests them. We look forward to the day when the words, "You play like a girl," is the biggest compliment anyone can receive.

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Sporty Girl Books Out This Summer

Picture Books
Gymnastics:
Nadia, the Girl Who Couldn't Sit Still by Karlin Grey and C. Davener (June 7th)
*I wanted to be Nadia Comanichi when I was younger, so I can't wait for this book. I won't embarrass myself by admitted how many times I watched the made-for-tv movie of her life;)


Middle Grade
Baseball:
The Distance to Home by Jenn Bishop (June 28th)
*The cover on this one tugs at my heart. I can't wait to read it.


Young Adult
Cross-Country:
Ask Me How I Got Here by Christine Heppermann (Today, May 3rd!)
*As a HS cross-country runner, I want to get my hands on this book.

Swimming:
Gold Fish ny Nat Lurrtsema (June 7th)
*Goodreads reviews all said absolutely hilarious. I can't resist a FUNNY sporty read.
Soccer:
Defending Taylor by Miranda Kenneally (July 5th)
*Miranda Kenneally, need I say more?

The Season by Jonal Lisa Dyer and Stephen Dyer (July 12th)
*This one sounds hilarious. Sporty girl stuck in Debutant Land. Ouch

Gymnastics: 
Tumbling by Cada Carter (June 7th)
*Five points of view, and from reviews, done well.

Lessons In Falling by Diana Gallagher (June 16th)
*The cover drew me to this one. I hope the story feels just like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment